Monday, September 3, 2012

One-Hundred


Three and a half years ago I began this journey called blogging:

http://datieandkan.blogspot.com/2009/02/beginning-is-hardest-part.html

A few observations as I come to post 100:
  • We now have three in our story instead of two. Love.
  • Having a name makes me happy. We are no longer untitled but Messy, Beautiful, Grateful.
  • I really need to get to finishing my family birthday tributes. Oops!
  • I was totally right when I said I would be the primary contributor...the only contributor. Maybe I can convince Dan to write something by the time we get to post 200 :) 
  • Blogging is great for someone who is scared of scrapbooking but wants to be a keeper of memories. 
  • Though I am quite taken with her, I do hope to blog about something besides my daughter some day...
A few of my favorites: 
And finally in honor of Post 100, I would like to make someone's life in my little virtual blogger world a little more beautiful as well as give them another thing to be grateful for...I'll leave the messy business to you!
Just leave a comment with your name and something you are grateful for at the bottom. This weekend I'll draw one name, and the lucky winner will get a $30 gift card to Starbuck's...because I'm turning 30 this week (ahhh!)...and I thought it would be super fun to do a give away on my little blog :) May the odds be ever in your favor...

17 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that I've been able to spend countless hours with my sister in law with long talks and walks. Helping her and I wait patiently for her little one and my new nephew to come. GOD IS SO GOOD! He fixes broken relationships :)
    from Lauren b. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful to hear this Lauren! What a beautiful time for you all...praying that little guy comes soon!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations dear friend! This is a milestone and something to celebrate. Here's to Post 200! :-)

    And now, for something I am grateful for, I'd have to say I'm grateful for our friendship. From the first day Adrian & I stepped into Bloomingdale Church, to our first county fair and corndogs, to our wedding day, and to the birth of Felicity... So blessed by you three Baileys for being in our presence!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm tearing up! We love you Nita...and Adrian too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! The bad news is they won't fit in my suitcases :(

      Delete
  4. I love your blogs Katie and your way of bringing out the best and realizing we aren't perfect! I miss you and Dan bunches and hope to meet Miss Felicity some day. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! You will have to come meet her sometime. You are always welcome!

      Delete
  5. I am grateful for my little munchkins. I had a moment tonight while they were in the bathtub, where I realized that this age is going by so fast! It makes me sad, but grateful to be in such a fun stage of life! Happy early birthday btw!! 30! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet Laci! It goes by oh so fast...I just can't believe it either. Thank you for the early birthday wishes...and thank you for going before me, barely! Enjoy your darlings always...

      Delete
    2. Laci! I just realized that when I responded to you I was thinking of a different Laci...oops! So sorry if I confused you greatly. I do know that you are still so YOUNG :) You are not the one who went before me. It was actually her birthday on the day you wrote this so I had her on the mind...
      Anywho...your little darlings are so sweet, and I can just tell that they have a great mom :)

      Delete
  6. I am grateful for family-that they fight for me when I'm too exhausted to do it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grateful for being able to create life with my wife Lisa as well as have amazing friends and influences like you and Dan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love you guys so much Jim! You are going to need some extra coffee very soon so this prize would be great for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am grateful for a God who answers prayers.
    Before our son Michael was born, my wife and I found out it would be a challenge for us to have children due to a medical condition. We prayed to God to help us to bless us with a baby so we could start a family. The day before we were going to a doctors appointment to discuss our options, we found out that Terri was pregnant. Michael has been such a blessing in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Gary! I have never heard the details of your story. What a blessing! Michael is such a sweet boy, and I am so thankful that God gave him to you...and gave you and Terri to him!

      Delete