Saturday, September 26, 2009

Attention Husbands of the World...

So if you're a HuSbaNd, and you're leaving your wife for the weekend, and it just happens to be the end of an ExTrEmEly overwhelming week...you know, the kind that leaves the kitchen looking like this:







You might want to be PrOaCtiVe and SmArT about the situation.


For example, you might want to leave your wife a voice mail like this one so she's not surprised that you left her with the T.W.D. (this term was created by my dad: Toxic Waste Dump) you two have created over the course of the week:

"Hi Honey it's me. I just wanted to call before I leave to apologize for the mess that I'm leaving. I feel really sad about it. I can clean on Sunday when I get back and,
hopefully I can make it up to you with a date Sunday night."

Though acknowledging the situation in this way is good, you might not want to assume that a voice mail totally covers your tracks.
It does prepare her for what's to come, but let's be HoNeSt when she walks through the door and sees first hand the MeSs you and she have been trying to IgNoRe all week...and all she really wants to do is ReLaX... and she realizes that you are ReLaXiNg around some GoRgeOuS lake surrounded by trees turning their leaves into the BrIlliAnT shades of AuTuMn...and though the idea of you cleaning on Sunday sounds good, you know that in reality there's no way she could stand herself any longer if she left it until then...

You might also want to leave something like this:

Honey Love,

I miss you already. You are my love. I'm so sorry it's still a TrAsH PiT.
Please forgive me. I'll clean on Sunday. Think about our date on Sunday.


Love,
Grizz

...that way when she sees this:



...She'll MuSteR up a GrAciOuS attitude instead of FrUsTrAtiOn. SmIle and LaUgH instead of RoLl her EyEs and SiGh. She'll probably even forget the about the mess and MiSs you terribly...And who knows...maybe her just knowing that you recognize that she got the CrUmMy end of the deal this time might help her AtTaCk those dishes with GrAtiTuDe and LoVe as she thinks of her SmArT and PrOaCtiVe husband.

5 comments:

  1. Whew! I guess I made it out of that one alive!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Have mercy on his soul! I know from experience as a husband that he was just waiting for the dirt and grime to properly extract themselves from the dishes before cleaning them.

    3.0

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is perfect. i'm going to let/make kyle read it at once! hope your weekend hasn't been too lonely. today's sunday though! hope it's a beautiful day there too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie! I hope you did get to relax some this weekend! Your post was hillarious...although I'm not sure that's what you meant it to be! I love your creative flow that just tumbles out as you type. I feel like I'm there with you. You should write a book! :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! bittersweet symphony and hallelujah! good music choices lady :)

    Mar

    ReplyDelete