Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Window Seats & Alligators = True Love

One of my favorite JuNkfoOd movies (one you can't consume regularly but you CrAvE from time to time) is The Wedding Singer. Here's just one of the exchanges that I love between the main characters played by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.

Robbie : She wasn't the right one, I guess.

Julia : Did you have any idea she wasn't the right one when you were together?

Robbie: I should have. Uh, I remember we went to the Grand Canyon one time. We were flying there and I'd never been there before and Linda had, so you would think that she would give me the window seat but she didn't and... not that that's a big deal, you know. It's just there were a lot of LiTtLe ThiNgS like that. I know that sounds stupid...

Julia : Not at all. I think it's the LiTtLe ThiNgS that count.

Recently the Hubster and I were at a Gator Farm in Florida...


We had a BlaSt on our AiRboAt ride...and even got to see some of the FiNgEr BiTeRs up close in their natural habitat, the EvErGlaDeS...


We were thoroughly entertained and amazed at the gator show that followed...

And then came the opportunity of a LifEtiMe, a chance to hold a GaToR. Of course we were totally PsYcHeD. It was $2 per person to cradle a small reptile so I scoured my purse for four bucks but was only able to come up with $2, enough for OnE chance to hold this coveted creature.

Me: Honey, you can hold the alligator.

Dan: Are you sure?

Me: Yes, I'm sure. I know you ReAlLy want to hold him. I want you to hold him.

As the Alligator man said his final words I rummaged through my purse just to be sure I didn't have two more dollars...sure Dan would be oblivious because he was listening to alligator man and usually focuses on one thing at a time :)

Dan: Kate, you're gonna' hold that gator, and I'm gonna' take your picture.

Me: No way, you're holding that gator.

Dan: I've already decided. It's done. I want to see YoU with that gator.

And as that gator was within my grasp, I posed for Daniel, and in my HeArT I was reminded that ThIs is TrUe LoVe...seen in alligators and window seats, the things that count, the LiTtLe ThiNgS...


Thank you Honey for loving me in all things big and small. You're definitely the right OnE for me.

2 comments:

  1. oh, what a great post! that is so awesome :) i'm glad you are brave enough to do that. very sweet of dan to let you hold it, even if he is a man, and probably has a "nothing box", like they all do... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, This is just too sweet! I love that. It made me smile :o)

    ReplyDelete