Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate...

Here is our BeAuTifuL friend NiTa and her good BoYfrIeNd Adrian...he's our friend too, but for this story, I feel like the title good boyfriend is more fitting :)...


We were thrilled when Nita told us that she was going to be baptized...our excitement grew even more when Adrian told us that he would be throwing Nita a SuRpRisE party to celebrate this glorious occasion...see, I told you he was a good boyfriend ;)

Of course I was also excited for a good excuse to try my hand at making one of Martha Stewart's exquisite CaKeS...


....oh how I LoVe thee lemon curd...

...did you know that I have an oBsEsSiOn with layer cakes?...
...I digress.

After a slight scare with the baptismal tank, followed by several people hauling in BuCkeTs of water to fill it, Nita shared her beautiful StOrY of Jesus' power and love in her life and her desire to LiVe for him...plunged in to the waters and raised from their depths, she painted the picture of His transforming grace offered to each one of us...the old is gone, the new has come...I can't think of a better reason to CeLeBrAtE...

So we did...











Thanks be to God for great friends, His work in their lives, and their good boyfriends who know how to throw fun parties... We love you Nita and Adrian!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Nita! Praise God and congrats on your taking the plunge for Jesus! Yippee for parties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... so nice, fun and uplifting...

    ReplyDelete