Friday, August 7, 2009

On Blogging and Getting Over Myself...

Since I've started BlOgGiNg, things in life that at one time might have HoRriFieD or EmBaRRaSseD me have morphed into opportunities to LaUgH HyStEriCalLy, not take myself so SeRiouSly, and be GraTefuL to those in my life who make it far more InTeResTinG than I could ever manage on my own.

Allow me to explain by sharing a somewhat recent incident that occurred at our cousin David and Heather's wedding. It think it IlluStrAteS my point BeAutIfuLly...

The location was GoRgEOuS...






The BrIdE was RaDiAnT...




The company was DeLigHtFuL...















And to top it all off, I had my HaNdsOmE HusBaNd at my side and a NeW dress I had been saving for the PeRfeCt occasion...



The night was nearly MaGiCaL as we LaDiEs enjoyed TwIliGht in the garden...



Then suddenly, the UnThInKaBle happened, and my state of SeReNiTy quickly turned into this...



ReD, that's right, I said ReD wine SpLaTteReD all over my brand new dress! In great confusion, I turned to see my extremely apologetic brother BeN and his nearly EmPtY wine glass sitting on the table.

Now you see... at one time in my life, this incident would have HaD the potential to RuIn my entire evening, BuT this time, instead of being EmBaRrAsSeD and HoRriFiEd, I found myself enjoying the moment and taking advantage of this opportunity fully realizing its BloGgInG potential...See what I mean...


All I could do was LaUgH as my SwEeT sister tidied me up!



Having recently blogged about said sister, she did this dirty job with JoY realizing that doing so would most DeFiNitEly give her another appearance on yet another Blog Post... Thank you for your HuMbLe service dear sister...





In the end, it turns out a bit of SoDa WaTeR and SaLt does WoNdeRs on ReD WiNe dress disasters. I danced the night away without a care in the world...



And thanks to my place in the BloGoSpheRe, I can sincerely say words that at one time in my life would have been UnImaGinAbLe:

ThAnK YoU Ben for spilling red wine on my FaVoRitE, NeVeR BeFoRe WorN DrEsS.

I dedicate this post to you and consider myself forever InDeBteD to you for giving me a MeMoRaBle story to share instead of the standard slideshow of pictures I would have come up with on my own.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the memories! It twas a fabulous evening even if Daniel was throwing up (minute) fingers on the dance floor....FIVE more minutes....THREE more minutes....ONE more minute....time to go. lol. I am glad that the wine came out of your dress, so that you can wear it again and look beautiful! Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you made fun of your situation. i've realized it's just about the only way to go- with the flow! FYI- if you ever accidentally ruin your husband's passport and other important documents, make sure to take photos to document it.

    ps- you looked lovely in that dress!

    ReplyDelete