Saturday, May 23, 2009

Celebratin' a Sister

SiStEr Katie, ToDaY is your Birthday, and to honor you on this GloRioUs day of your birth (not too many years ago), I would like to tell the WorLd how superfabulous, beautirific, and awesomazing you are my dear sister.....just in case they don't already know!

So without further ado, here's a ToP TeN for you!

1. About four years ago, I not only married a terrific man, I gained an AmAziNg sister. Even though you already have two of the BeSt sisters around, you opened your arms to invite yet another. Thank you for always including me as a SiSteR. Being your sister is a beautiful GiFt to me.
*See what I mean?! You're so thoughtful to reach your arm over to assure me that I'm a sista'.

*Exhibit B: Sister dresses.

2. Speaking of GiFtS...I used to dread shopping for them until I got to shop for YoU! Seriously, you're one of the only people I can shop for without having doubts about my purchase...most likely it's just because you just look so darn CuTe in EvErYthInG! At any rate, you bring great JoY to my Christmas shopping experiences, and I LoVe you for it!


*Marines tee, Mayan Princess Earrings, and Beauty in Brown

3. We have a mutual ObsEssIoN/AdOrAtioN for each other. I love being StaLkeD by you, and I love StaLkInG you. On more than one occasion I've opened my facebook to find 30 something notifications...I always smile because before I even click to see who it is, I know it must be YoU. It is such a relief to me that I can comment on ToNs of your pictures and not feel like a WeIrdO because you do the same to me! Thanks for letting me StaLk you...thanks for being my StaLkeR!


4. I AdMirE you for many things, but on the top of my list is definitely ThiS...
You LoVe and AdOrE your family. You take such good care of your HuSbAnD and DaUgHtEr. Your DeDiCaTioN, ReSpEcT, and PrIoRiTiZaTioN of your FaMilY is BeAuTiFuL.


5. QuEeNs for LiFe...need I say more? I look forward to our upcoming KHS CoMeBacK.
















Here we are before we even imagined we'd be sisters...you're a returning Queen, and I'm a sophomore who thinks you're really cool...and I need a scanner because taking pictures of pictures = blurry! BUT my point is...next time we'll be ridin' in the same car!! :) AND you will be QuEeN Katie Anne Bailey Londono, and I will be QuEeN Katie Ann Eades Bailey! It's an honor to share a NaMe and a CrOwN with you!

6. Even before your brother was my love, YoU were preparing him for me. For example checking his PoStUrE and WaRdRoBe. I give a great deal of credit to you, his beloved sister, for the way he takes care of me. Thank you for being a LoVinG sister to DaN. It benefits me more than I'm sure I realize...

Here's a BeFoRe shot of Daniel looking a bit IntErEstInG...

and AfTeR...He looks much CoOleR with the addition of his stylin' scarf from none other than his dear sister...



And here you go again loving your BrOtHeR and thereby loving me...



...and finally, you help me keep him in line with a DiRtY LoOk from time to time...



8. You are ThOuGhTfuL and SwEeT. I remember getting birthday calls and cards from you even before I was married to Dan...now that's thoughtful. I will never forget coming to Barstow to be your assistant for a week. There was a refrigerator full of CoKe and ingredients to make my favorite dessert in the world...CheEsEcaKe. Thank you for taking the time and interest to get to know my little quirks and blessing me with your thoughtfulness.

9. You are SiLLy, FuNnY, and FuN! I think pictures will do this one more justice than my words:


10. And finally...with all of these things in mind and MaNy, MaNy more, I honor you on your birthday because even if you weren't my SiSteR, I would most definitely want to be your FriEnD.

Thank you Katie for being WoNdErFuL, LoVeLy, InCreDibLe YoU. You are truly a BleSsiNg to me, and I wish you the HapPiEsT of BiRtHdaYs and many more to come.

Love your sister and friend,

Katie

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet post!!! a very nice dedication indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read my birthday post AGAIN while I was stalking your blogs and thank you again dear sister. You are the best and I love you.
    Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, you're the best Katie! Thanks for stalking...please read this any time you need a pick me up or need to be reminded of how much I love you! Thank you for being so wonderful! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete