Sunday, January 24, 2010

ABC...Baby you and Me!

So...last year we resolved to be faithful to our date night, but we realized we often ended up going to the same places and doing the same old things for lack of NeW ideas. Too often we wound up wasting the night away, finding ourselves still at home when the night was nearly over. :(
It just so happened that I ran into this BrIlLiAnT idea from an AmAzInG girl I knew in HiGh ScHoOl: A-Z Dates...dating through the alphabet!
We realized that if we had one date/week, we could make it through the the AlpHaBeT two times...well, that was a bit OpToMisTiC, but I'm glad we set a high goal because we did actually make it through the alphabet once :)
You'll notice we really like to eat good FoOd...a little too much at times. Around Q I'm a bit rounder than I prefer, but seeing the pictures from our date helped me to get back into shape by Z...
At any rate, we had a fabulous year of LoViN' in large part to this creative idea...Thanks Melissa!

I envisioned having music to this video, but I couldn't quite get it to work...so if you would like the video viewing experience I had in mind, just go down to the bottom of the page, and press play before playing the video :) Enjoy, and I hope that you'll try it with someone you love some day...

3 comments:

  1. That was so much fun, Katie. You are an inspiration to old fuddy-duddys like us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like a great year! Maybe we ought to give that a try...but even the thought of trying to think of all the alphabet letters and actually finding them in a new culture seems like so much work! But I still like the idea...we'll see if Joe is interested. :) Thanks for posting the link on fb so I knew to come read here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - Ed and I only made it through "C", we will need to try again....someday. :)

    A is for Automobile Shopping... so much fun, driving around in new cars that you had no intention of buying! :)

    B is for Bike Riding... not so much fun when you haven't done it in 5 years, but the picnic we had where we stopped by a pond to eat was romantic.

    C is for Crafts...got that idea from you :) We started a scrapbook and only got about 4 pages done and called it quits. Haven't picked it back up yet, still a drawer full of memories to add to it and many more hours of cuting and pasting.

    We will definately do it again. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete