Tuesday, March 22, 2011

9 Weeks, 2 Days

A typical day in my 7 weeks until now life...

  • Wake up at 6:45 (that's 45 minutes after my arrival time at school in a not pregnant state!)
  • Consume half of my Kashi bar in bed dreading the second sounding of the alarm and feeling sorry for Dan having to hear my, "Crunch, crunch. Heavy breathing. Crunch, crunch".
  • Roll out of bed and get ready for the day only to get back in bed from 7:20-7:40.
  • Arrive at work, pray really hard for strength and energy to make it through six hours with my 30 darlings.
  • 10:00 a.m. STARVING. Make my way over to the closet in my classroom, pretend to get books, but chomp down as many pretzels as possible hoping for once my students aren't paying attention to me!
  • 12:00 LUNCH...YES! Try to act as normal as possible feeling too sick and tired to engage in normal teacher's lounge banter and hoping no one comments on the absence of my daily Coca-Cola.
  • Pray my way through the last hour and 45 minutes of school and dash out the door with the kids...never thought I would succumb to this, but Dan says I have 30 kids to take care of for 3 more months and one kid to take care of for 18 years....It's time to prioritize though I do think 18 years sounds a bit too short :)
  • 3:00 Nausea and exhaustion...down for the count!
Needless to say these are crazy days, but I've never been so grateful and excited to be exhausted and sick...Who knew a little baby, the size of a grape could require so much energy! I guess God is using all of my gusto for this little baby...And I'm okay with that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I'm imagining you with your Kashi bar and pretzels... TOO FUNNY! It just feels a little unreal that you don't like Coke nowadays. Are you counting the last days of school? :)

    ReplyDelete