Monday, November 30, 2009

Anticipation...

The first year we were married Dan and I didn't have much money so we made it a tradition to buy one Christmas decoration for our home each year. We picked this Advent Calendar up at a market in Cambodia two years ago, and already it is becoming one of our most TrEaSuReD yule tide traditions.

With our schedules quickly FiLliNg, the temperature rapidly DrOpPiNg, and the sun RaReLy shining, I find the days of Advent are ones that I'd rather curl up on my couch with a good book, burning fire, and a cup of FrU-FrOo coffee instead of heading into work.

It is on such days that I find great JoY in something so seemingly SiMpLe. I love how the small act of moving just one nativity piece a day, be it a sheep, a shepherd, or a king stirs up great HoPe and AnTicIpaTioN in my heart...


The KiNg is coming, and as we remember his HuMbLe entry into Earth so many years ago, it reminds me on those "I wish it was a SnOw DaY" days that he is coming again soon.

So tomorrow morning as we stand before our calendar placing the lone sheep on the scene, I eagerly expect that He will stir my HeArT and give me the StrEnGth to walk out the door and face my WorLd with his LoVe, the love of the coming KiNg.

1 comment:

  1. nice post.....i like it...a good reminder of the reason for the season!! i hope you two have safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete