Sunday, May 22, 2011

For Real

We are at 18 weeks with this little baby, and to be quite honest, I still don't believe we're even having a baby at times!
I'd have to say that the inability to believe it all is the most
surprising part of this whole adventure so far. I never would have imagined I'd be finding it so hard to fathom that God is creating this little life inside of me at this point in the pregnancy. It truly is a mystery, a miracle.
This week Dan looked at me and said, "You're huge! This isn't fake anymore." :) I guess after nearly six years of just us, the idea of three of us is something that will take a little getting used to.

This is for real.

Here is a picture at 18 weeks. In the words of one of my little darlings at school:

"Wow Mrs. Bailey! Your baby grew!"

This picture was taken at a picnic Dan and I had at a local forest preserve. What you don't see is the three geese that were encircling us the whole time nibbling on our blanket...crazy, bold birds!

Week 18:

Symptoms: daily headaches, difficulty sleeping (can't seem to figure out where that bottom arm goes when you sleep on your side?!?!...still perplexed even after Dan gave me a tutorial)
Food Aversions: still cannot handle anything with tomato or heavy seasoning
Cravings: none to speak of
Reading: Baby Wise
Looking Forward To: June 14th...we find out if our little baby is a boy or a girl!
New this week: It's actually beginning to feel like summer! Grateful for chances to be outside and be active...especially since I'm already feeling rather large...
The Daddy: This baby's daddy is officially the Reverend D. Joseph Bailey. Congrats love!
The Mommy: Loving that there are only two and a half more weeks of school. Woot!
Connecting: Reading and praying scripture over our little one. For some reason I'm drawn to the prophets. Hmm...


2 comments:

  1. Is the bump THAT big now? I need to see you STAT.

    PS: I wonder if I can still hug you from the front with the big bump. Maybe do a side hug? Or a back hug? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable little bump you have! have really enjoyed reading your posts :) so exciting!

    ReplyDelete