Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Katie Bailey and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day

It's official. As of today I am "honorably dismissed" from my position as a teacher in U-46. I knew it was coming, but there's just something horrible about signing on the line and having to face my 28 darlings the rest of the day.

Here I am sporting my PiNk, standing strong with the other 700 or so teachers who were released today...pink slip in hand (I know, it's not even pink)...and a pink bag filled with chocolate from my sweet colleagues and friends at school who also wore head to toe PiNk in support of hundreds, like me, who were RiFfeD today.


I consider it a tremendous loss to leave students, teachers, friends, and families that have captured my heart in many ways, and though I have not lost heart, and I am hopeful for the BeSt, today was undoubtedly a No Good, Very Bad Day...there's just no other way to put it.

The End.

9 comments:

  1. Oh...poor dear. You are right...to quote a famous author, that was a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day". Praying God opens the next door quickly and gives you peace in the mean time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Katie, I will be praying for you! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and cheer you up! Sending hugs your way!! We need a phone date SOON by the way! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see you tonight at Awana. That is sure to cheer you up! We love you and we're certainly not dismissing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Natalie...I'm so glad you just quoted the book...that's what I meant to have as the title!I even looked it up, and I still messed it up! I've changed it thanks to you...boy, oh boy am I off since I've gotten this news...I've also left home without my lunch two days in a row, and I even grabbed the wrong bag for school...I'm ready for spring break! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Katie. so sorry. I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that an estimated 3,000 teaches are slated to lose their jobs by the end of this year (most who are under the three year mark.) so sorry. You are a FABULOUS teacher, know that. This was not a personal decision or reflection of you, it is based on budget. You have a heart of gold and care deeply for the students in your classroom. Sad, sad day, indeed, for you, your students, teachers in IL and families losing great mentors for youth. God has a great plan for you. ----maybe this will be your transition into full time blogging !

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, there was supposed to be a "(wink, wink)" at the end of my comment about full time blogging... just so you know (wink, wink).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Katie! I am so sorry!! No matter the reasons, this must be difficult to bear. Let me know how (besides the obvious) I can be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will really miss u mrs bailey ur a great teacher ur loving and kind hearted! from ur student in 5th grade.....afnan.a...love u! ps hope u have a great year and enjoy every part of ur life!i really enjoyed u being my teacher i will always have a part in my heart to remember ur kind way and lovely person!your student afnan.a i WILL MISS YOU!I WISH U WOULDNT GO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a heart like gold mrs.bailey dont worry i WILL remember you!your stucent afnan.a

    ReplyDelete